You can track your daily workouts and share fitness information with your friends by using the Endomondo app for iPhone and Android phones. This fitness app even allows you to set up challenges making working out both fun and competitive.
Endomondo App for Mobile Devices
For those into working out, whether it is biking, walking, running, skating or anything else you enjoy, the Endomondo app can make your workout more exciting and fun. The basic app can be downloaded to your smartphone or Garmin watch for free. Endomondo can connect you to a large network of sports enthusiasts, making it possible to support and challenge others with the same interests.
Key App Features
The Endomondo app makes fitness fun and can be downloaded for free. Some key features of this app include:
- Tracking activities by duration, distance, speed and calories
- Getting audio feedback and live support while working out from Endomondo's audio coach
- Viewing your route on a map
- Setting distance goals
- Tracking your heart rate using a compatible device
- Posting your workouts to Facebook
- Competing against friends' times
- Logging your music playlist and saving it to play later
- Customizable home screen
In addition to the basic app, an upgrade to PRO is available for an additional $4.99. The PRO version has additional features such as:
- Interval programs that allow you to choose a premade program or create one of your own
- Graphs of your lap times, heart rate, speed and altitude
- Time and calorie goals
- Audio coach
Endomondo is a great app for tracking your fitness activities. For those looking for social support and a way to monitor your progress, this app is ideal. Downloading the app is fast and easy to do.
Once your download Endomondo to your phone, you will need to create an account or sign in using your Facebook account. To begin using the app, make sure that the GPS is on in order for Endomondo to track your distance. You will then need to choose your activity under the workout tab. Once you press start, you will see your duration, calories burned and if you are using a heart rate monitor, your heart rate. Some other cool features that I enjoyed are:
- Countdown from 10 to one
- Map of the route you are on
- Average speed you are going
- Connecting with friends to view their goals and compete against their specific times
- Pausing the app when you are not moving, then continuing from where you last left off
The free app has many cool features but to really enjoy all that Endomondo has to offer, you'll need to download the Pro version, which costs about $5. For those who are looking to create a workout online then download it your phone, be aware that this is not possible with the free app.
This app is straightforward and easy to use. It is a fun and useful addition to any mobile device. For those who are looking for a bit more, consider an upgrade to the PRO version.