Whether you are starting a small business or looking to expand one, a good cell phone plan can have a huge impact on the bottom line. To ensure the best possible services and price, a company must consider which carrier and plan best fits the bill. While the information presented is thought to be accurate as of September 2017, this article is for informational purposes only. Always check with the carrier directly for the latest rates and information.
Sprint Business Plans
Sprint offers two main types of cell phone plans for small and medium-sized businesses: the Unlimited for Business plan and the Business Share More plan.
Unlimited for Business Plan
The Unlimited for Business Sprint plan starts with five business lines.
- This represents a 50% savings compared to Verizon Unlimited for teams of five.
- Each line is provided with unlimited talk, text and data, including HD video streaming and 10 GB of hotspot data. Overage restrictions and limitations apply.
Business Share More
For medium-sized businesses needing fifteen or more devices, the Business Share More plan is ideal. This plan offers more flexibility for larger businesses in terms of plan choice and payment methods.
- For a shared 30 GB of data and 15 lines at $10 per line per month, a monthly plan would cost a total of $150. This includes laptops, tablets, smartphones and mobile broadband devices. Plans go up to 1,000 GB of shared data with unlimited lines for $3,500 per month.
- The plan also includes unlimited domestic talk and text while on the Sprint network and international texting to over 180 countries.
- Plans do not require a minimum service term for non-discounted phones.
- For international travel, Sprint Open World can be added at no charge.
- Unused data can be carried over into the next month, up to twice of a plan's allowance.
AT&T Business Phone Plans
AT&T offers two basic business plans: AT&T Unlimited Choice for Business and AT&T Unlimited Plus for Business.
Unlimited Choice for Business
The data speed for this plan is capped at 3Mbps (megabits per second).
- No overage charges
- Unlimited talk and text to Mexico and Canada
- No roaming charges in Mexico and Canada
- Up to 10 eligible devices can be added to the plan, including wearables, tablets, laptops and connected cars
Unlimited Plus for Business
This plan includes everything that Unlimited Choice does, but with a few improvements.
- Five smartphone lines for less than $40 per line/month after a $10 AutoPay discount
- HD video streaming (when available) after turning off Stream Saver
- 10 GB of data for high-speed tethering
Business Phone Plans With Verizon
Verizon offers four plans for varying sizes of businesses: Business Unlimited for four or more devices, the new Verizon Plan for up to ten devices, the new Verizon Plan for Business for up to 25 devices and Flexible Business Plans for 26 devices or more.
This plan is ideal for small business just starting out.
- Unlimited premium 4G LTE data though your data will be slowed after 22 GB is used
- Unlimited talk and text, including international messaging
- DVD-quality streaming, HD 1080p for tablets and SD 480p for smartphones
- Unlimited mobile hotspot with 4G LTE though exceeding 10 GB per month will cause data to be limited to 600kbps
The new Verizon Plan
This plan is similar to Business Unlimited, but with improvements and a capacity for up to ten lines.
- Talk, text and data can be used in Canada and Mexico with unlimited calling to both countries.
- The rate is set at $50 per line for four lines with Autopay, plus taxes.
- Enjoy unlimited mobile hotspot usage up to 15 GB per month.
The new Verizon Plan for Business
For medium-sized businesses, this plan has everything the first two plans do and features several options for reduced cost and increased productivity.
- Unused data can be carried over into the next month.
- Data can be shared across all devices, including phones tablets.
- Plans range from 25 GB of shared data for $175 per month to 200 GB for $1,000 per month.
- Buy additional data as needed with Data Boost.
- Enjoy unlimited international messaging to over 200 countries.
- Safety mode lets users stay online at reduced speeds after monthly data is used up.
Flexible Business Plans
This plan is ideal for larger businesses, particularly those with over 25 devices, and includes all features from the previous plans.
- Get free email access to Good for Enterprise, Exchange ActiveSync and Lotus Notes.
- Smartphones are priced from 2 GB for $65 per month to 10 GB for $105 per month.
- Tablets and other devices range from 1 MB for $5 per month to 10 GB for $75 per month.
- Flexible plans can be customized to meet each business's unique needs.
T-Mobile Wireless Plans for Business
T-Mobile offers three business plans: T-Mobile ONE, T-Mobile ONE PLUS and T-Mobile ONE PLUS International. For a limited time, T-Mobile ONE subscribers get a free upgrade to ONE PLUS.
Unlike Verizon, T-Mobile One does not charge admin and regulatory fees or state/local taxes when using Autopay.
- Phones can be used as hotspots without extra charges, but you are limited to 3G speeds.
- With a qualifying plan, users can have the same number across multiple devices or use one phone to access up to five numbers at once.
- Users get unlimited talk, text and data across North America, including Canada and Mexico.
- T-Mobile offers services in over 140 countries worldwide, though the average speed is 128kbps.
- On Gogo-enabled flights, T-Mobile customers get unlimited texting and one hour of free data. Users must have a capable smartphone and the offer extends only to US-based airlines.
T-Mobile ONE PLUS
Everything from T-Mobile ONE is included in ONE PLUS and more.
- Tethering capacity is expanded to 10 GB.
- Gogo inflight Internet access is upgraded to unlimited data.
- Data speeds abroad are faster.
T-Mobile ONE PLUS International
ONE PLUS International is designed for globetrotting businesspeople and further improves on ONE PLUS.
- Additional $25 per line/month
- Unlimited 4G LTE hotspot data
- Unlimited calls to landlines in over 70 countries
- Unlimited calls to cellphones in over 30 countries
Choosing a Phone Plan
When considering which provider will best meet the needs of a business, it is vital to consider both the number of devices that need service and the overall data requirements. When contacting a cellphone company to ask about which business plan is best, it's advisable to mention if you're switching providers. Many companies offer special discounts for choosing them over their rivals. Contact sales representatives, visit local stores and don't be afraid to shop around to find the best deal for your business needs.