Ready to tickle your funny bone with short jokes for mobile phones? There are some great subscription services out there, but make sure you read the fine print before you register. Otherwise, your monthly cell phone bill will be no laughing matter.
Can You Laugh in 160 Characters or Less?
You can accessorize and customize your mobile phone in a number of different ways. Many people enjoy downloading a wide variety of cell phone wallpapers so that they can express their personality through the displays of their handsets. Others like to acquire a range of ringers, such as Elvis Presley or spooky ringtones.
These kinds of customizations are well and good, but what about personal entertainment? Many cell phone games can be a lot of fun at first, but you can only play a certain title so many times before you start itching for something else. Sometimes, you just want to passively receive a message that puts a smile on your face and that's where short jokes for mobile phones come into play. Perhaps you've seen the commercials on television advertising such services. In short, you can subscribe to these services and they will automatically send you a text message containing a short joke. Text messages are limited to a maximum of 160 characters, so these jokes are necessarily very short and direct. Don't expect anything too profound.
Is it possible to tell a great joke in 160 characters or less? Absolutely! Some may be simply short quips, whereas others can be hilarious rhetorical questions. The format can change, but the result is the same: a laugh exploding from your mouth.
Free Short Jokes for Mobile Phones?
Before you sign up for these hilarity-fueled cell phone services, be sure to read the fine print. Typically during the television commercial (or some other form of advertisement), you'll some fine print at the bottom of the screen or a Web site address that you can visit for more information.
It may sound great to receive short jokes for mobile phones on a daily basis, but the charges can quickly add up. Just because it's a text message does not mean that it is free to receive. These are known as "premium text messages" and they come at a cost. For example, the supplier of the jokes may charge as much as $1.99 for each sent message. With one message sent daily, that can add up to an additional $60 each month! Some funny joke services charge even more!
Thankfully, free jokes can be had as well. These may be more difficult to find, but the best route of action if you already have a healthy web surfing plan on your cell phone is to simply read your jokes online. You're already paying for the wireless data, so you may as well enjoy it.
Other Short Cell Phone Jokes
To get you pointed in the right direction toward hilarity, allow us to share a few short jokes for mobile phones with you.
- "News: 3 Chimps escaped from the zoo... 1 was caught watching tv... another playing football and the third one was caught reading this txt message."
- "This dog, is dog, a dog, good dog, way dog, to dog, keep dog, an dog, idiot dog, busy dog, for dog, 20 dog, seconds dog! ... Now read without the word dog."
- "Don't spend $2 to dry-clean a shirt. Donate it to the Salvation Army instead. They'll clean it, put it on a hanger. Next morn buy it back for 50 cents."
- "Do chickens think rubber humans are funny?"
- "We hate others for imitating us. We are irritated by their attitude."
- "While walking down the street, I heard an old man say 'I've been in love with the same woman for almost 50 years now.' I was touched until I heard him say 'I wish she knew'."
- "When he was five years old, he wanted to become a lawyer. Now that he is a lawyer, he acts like a five-years old."