Are you looking for free ringtones for your phone? Whether you want to download already-created ringtones or create your own unique sounds using the Myxer technique, the Myxer site is quite easy to use. Creating your own ringtones via the site is free and most of the pre-existing content is also free to download. Note that Myxer does have premium content from artists and companies that you can purchase; all fee-based content is clearly marked.
Myxer allows you to download and create ringtones for your cell phone, or upload them to their server so other users can download them for their phones.
Creating Your Own Ringtones
Downloading your own ringtones to your cell phone from Myxer is very easy. First, you need to have an audio file to upload on your computer. Next, here's how to get started:
- Go to Myxer.com from the device that has your audio file.
- Click up on the "Sign Up for Free" link to create an account.
- Provide details about carrier and specific phone model. Certain phones accept certain attachments and Myxer needs to know how to send you the ringtone.
- Log in to your Myxer account.
- Click on "Make Your Own",
- Locate the audio file that you want to use on your computer or media source.
- Upload the audio file to the site.
- Review the electronic graph that appears once the file uploads.
- Choose the part of the file that you want to use as your ringtone, specifying the starting and ending points and if you want the tone to fade in and out.
- Click "Continue" when you are satisfied with the ringtone.
- Click "Send" to forward your custom ringtone to your phone.
- Follow the instructions provided in the message to activate the ringtone on your phone.
It's important to note that there are variations from one type of phone to another, so the process of installing your custom ringtones isn't always the same. You have two other choices if you aren't getting the ringtone message or are having issues with your phone or service accepting the file. Myxer also lets you download it to your PC so you can load the ringtone on your phone through a cable or you can load the song directly from the website through the cable.
Downloading Pre-Existing Ringtones
You don't have to go through the trouble of creating your own custom ringtone to benefit from Myxer's free cell phone sound customization options.
- If you don't want to take the time to make your own, you can search through the previously created ringtones that other users have created and shared through Myxer. Consider browsing the popular and recently downloaded categories when looking for files you may want to try.
- Besides user-created ringtones, official ringtones are available from artists and companies for a nominal charge. So, if you can't find something that fits what you are looking for and you are willing to spend a little bit of money, then look through the best selling premium ringtone options.
More Personalization Options from Myxer
Myxer doesn't deal exclusively in ringtones. You can also download and create wallpaper for your phone, convert videos to download to your phone and add games to play on your phone (if your phone supports games). Myxer is an extensive multimedia website that can enhance your phone how you want, not how the phone manufacturer wants by including default and boring content.